This document only relates to the new Campaign Metrics API.
Campaign metrics allow you to measure campaign performance.They include raw metrics, which are the events we are getting from our integrations, and the KPIs, which are defined and calculated by CrossEngage.
Raw metrics are low level events that include all the basic metrics, directly related to campaign performance: sent, viewed, clicked, bounced, converted, etc. The set of available raw metrics may differ between channels, for example it is possible to directly measure views for email, but not for direct mail; also some partners might decide not to share this information, for example Facebook Custom Audience.
Here is the list of available raw campaign metrics:
- SENT — number of send events by provider; this number does not include bounced messages, which are calculated separately
- NOT_SENT_CONTROL_GROUP — number of messages not being sent because the otherwise eligible recipient was assigned to the control group
- VIEWED — number of view events
- CLICKED — number of click events
- CONVERTED_TARGET_GROUP — number of campaign goal completion events for the users in target group
- CONVERTED_CONTROL_GROUP — number of campaign goal completion events for the users in control group*
- MARKED_AS_SPAM — number of messages marked as spam
- UNSUBSCRIBED — number of unsubscribe events
- SOFT_BOUNCED — number of message soft bounces
- HARD_BOUNCED — number of message hard bounces
* Please note that when measuring target vs control group performance using your campaign goal, it's important to remember that if the goal is related to the message you are sending (for example a click on an email), the control group won't be able to complete it and campaign metrics might look misleading. Find out more about control and target groups here.
To understand the mapping between provider events and raw metrics, please visit this page.
KPIs are derived from raw metrics and represent a higher level view on campaign performance. They are defined by you and correspond directly to the metrics you monitor and measure in order to assess campaign performance. KPIs should include all the performance indicators you need to monitor.
Here is the list of default KPIs:
- BOUNCED = SOFT_BOUNCED + HARD_BOUNCED
- VIEW_RATE = VIEWED / SENT
- CTR = CLICKED / VIEWED
- CONVERSION_RATE = CONVERTED_TARGET_GROUP / CLICKED
- CR_TARGET_GROUP = CONVERTED_TARGET_GROUP / SENT
- CR_CONTROL_GROUP = CONVERTED_CONTROL_GROUP / NOT_SENT_CONTROL_GROUP
- BOUNCE_RATE = BOUNCED / SENT
- UNSUBSCRIBE_RATE = UNSUBSCRIBED / SENT
- SPAM_REQUEST_RATE = MARKED_AS_SPAM / SENT
If you would like to add, remove or change some KPIs, please contact your dedicated customer success manager. Data for your newly defined KPIs will be available for past time periods as well.