How does this actually work?
"Google Analytics offers free and enterprise analytics tools to measure website, app, digital and offline data to gain customer insights." (Google, 2018)
CrossEngage allows you to enrich your Google Analytics data by sending custom events to users from CrossEngage created dynamic segments without requiring additional data transfer. Additionally, you can also enrich your Google Analytics user data by choosing to optionally transfer user traits with each message dispatch.
What can I do with this?
The best use case for the Google Analytics Integration is to build dynamic segments in CrossEngage and transfer events to these users in Google Analytics. Once you have successfully transferred your users, you can now use Google Analytics segmentation to build audiences with your desired destination which could be:
- Third-party sites ads through Google Display Network
- Google Search Ads
- Google Gmail Ads
- Google Youtube Ads
- Google Shopping Ads
- Any other service provided by Google that can be used as a destination in Google Analytics
To build audiences follow the flow below on your Google Analytics account Settings section (the gear on the lower left hand side of your screen):
- Ensure you have selected the right property from the Property dropdown
- Under the Property dropdown, click on Audience Definitions
- Under Audience Definitions, click on Audiences
Now, you've reached the Audiences screen, here you can create segments and add CrossEngage transfer related conditions:
- Click on New Audience (or edit an existing one)
- Under the Audience Definition section click on Create new
- You should now be in the Audience Builder, on the bottom left hand side of the screen, click on Conditions (Under the Advance tab)
- You can now add a CrossEngage event related condition by clicking on the default existing condition type (first block), and select Event Action (or Category/Label) and enter CrossEngage event (or your defined Category/Label).
- Add any other conditions you would like to use
- Save your Audience by clicking Apply
As you've now defined your Audience, selecting users that have received a CrossEngage event, you are now ready to select a destination for your audience:
- First, give enter an Audience Name for tracking purposes
- Click on Next step
- Select the Destinations you would like to use your segment in e.g. Google Adwords (Display Network etc.)
- Click on Publish to save your newly created audience.
In case you need additional help, please reach out to your Customer Success manager or send an email to [email protected]