Before you begin
You will need the following:
- MailChimp Account
- CrossEngage Account
- User data that includes an email address
Set up your MailChimp Account
Create a new API Key
An API key enables access to the MailChimp API.
- Log in to your MailChimp account
- Select 'Account' from the dropdown next to your username
- Select 'API keys' from the 'Extras' dropdown
- Select the 'Create A Key' button under the 'Your API keys' section
A new entry will be added to the list. You will use the API Key in the CrossEngage integration setup later.
Create a new template
Your templates on MailChimp will be used when sending emails. The Create a Template with the Template Builder article details how to create and customize templates.
Create a new list (Optional)
You can use lists defined in MailChimp for your CrossEngage campaigns. The Create a New List article details how to create new lists in MailChimp.
Set up a webhook for requesting subscriber and hard bounce data (Optional)
If you created a MailChimp list in one of the previous steps, you can additionally set up a webhook to track subscribes, unsubscribes and hard bounces in CrossEngage. Other statistics including sends, opens and clicks is retrieved automatically once you set up the integration.
First, get your Company API key from CrossEngage:
- Log in to your CrossEngage account
- Select 'Settings', and then 'Developer'
- Under the 'API keys' heading, get the 'API key for Web Tracking and Webhooks' value. This is your Company API Key.
Follow the instructions on the How to Set Up Webhooks MailChimp article. Note the following:
- Set the Callback URL to ' ' where you have to replace 'key' with your Company API Key
- Ensure that the events correspond to the example in the MailChimp article.