Get your Twilio API credentials
Your Twilio credentials enable CrossEngage to use your account to send messages.
- Log into your Twilio account
- Select 'Account' from the 'Home' menu. The 'Account Settings' page will open
- Scroll down to the 'API Credentials' heading. Here you will find two sets of credentials, Live and Test
- Under the 'Auth Token' heading, select the eye icon to view your auth token
- You will use the Account SID and Auth Token from the Live credentials in the CrossEngage integration setup
Configure the CrossEngage Twilio integration
The following steps are to set up a Twilio integration on CrossEngage. CrossEngage only supports paid Twilio accounts.
- Log into your CrossEngage account
- Select 'Settings', and then 'Integrations'
- Select the 'Add new integration' button
- From the list of integrations, select the 'Set up' button on the Twilio card
- Enter a descriptive account name, for example 'Twilio Live Account'
- In the 'Account SID' field, enter the 'Account SID' value you got from Twilio in the previous step
- In the 'Account api key' field, enter the 'Auth Token' value you got from Twilio in the previous step
- Select 'Apply' to save your integration
Load user data onto CrossEngage
Configure user attributes
The following attribute is required when using Twilio:
- traits.phone - A phone number formatted according to the E.164 specification. For example:+4917684652098. This Twilio post about Formatting International Phone Numbers goes into more detail about the format.
This attribute is a string type attribute created by default in CrossEngage. Ensure that you set the 'phone' field when creating a user in the next step.
Users can be loaded on to the CrossEngage platform via the API. The Create & Update Users article shows you how to create users.