Create an Optivo template for CrossEngage Real Time Campaigns
Templates are created in the 'Transactional Mails' section. Make sure that you select the same recipient list you configured in CrossEngage when creating templates.
Create an Optivo template for CrossEngage Audience Campaigns
Templates are created in the 'Smart Campaigns' section. Make sure that you select the [CL] Master list when selecting the recipients.
Create a Real Time Campaign message
The message setup for both Real Time and Audience Campaigns are the same. For more information on setting up different types of campaigns, see the article When should I use Audience and Realtime Campaigns.
- Once you've created your campaign, go to the 'Messages' section and select the 'Create new message' button
- Select 'Email' from the dropdown menu. The message setup screen will open
- Under the 'Send via integration' heading, select the Optivo account that you set up earlier.
- From the 'Mailing' dropdown, select which template you want to use for the email.
- Optionally, you can provide values for template variable. In the 'Value Mappings' section, there are three fields to configure:
- User attribute / Handlebars - Pick whether to send a trait, or a handlebar expression to Optivo.
- Select property / Handlebars field - The trait on CrossEngage that will be transferred to Optivo, or a space to enter a handlebar expression.
- Variable name - The template variable on Optivo that will receive the value. Please note the field types must match, for instance, a string value cannot be transferred to an number field.
- Select 'Add key' to add additional fields to transfer.
- Once you're happy with the content, select 'Save'