Get your Mandrill API credentials
Your Mandrill credentials enable CrossEngage to use your account to send messages.
- Log in to your Mandrill account
- Select 'Settings' from the left sidebar
- Select the API key you created earlier for CrossEngage under the 'API Keys' heading
Configure the CrossEngage Mandrill integration
The following steps are to set up Mandrill integration on CrossEngage.
- Log in to your CrossEngage account
- Select 'Settings', and then 'Integrations'
- Select the 'Add new integration' button
- From the list of integrations, select the 'Set up' button on the Mandrill card
- Enter a descriptive account name, for example 'Mandrill Live Account'
- In the 'Mandrill API Key' field, enter the 'API key' value you got from Mandrill in the previous steps
- Configure the additional two fields:
- Inline CSS - Enable to send CSS in the message HTML. Messages must be less than 256KB for this option. Read more about this under the Inline CSS section in the Getting Started with Templates Mandrill guide.
- Use specific subaccount or IP pool - The Should I use a dedicated IP article goes into more detail about why you would want to use this feature. If you want to enable this, you will be prompted to select your Mandrill account, as well as the specific IP pool that will be used.
- Select 'Apply' to save your integration
Load user data on to CrossEngage
Configure user attributes
The following attribute is required when using Mandrill:
- traits.email - A unique email address.
This attribute is created by default in CrossEngage. Ensure that you set the 'email' field when creating a user in the next step.