You can configure the campaign in such a way that users who have already received a message from a specific campaign in the past will not receive any messages in the current campaign.
Please follow these steps to set this up:
- Go to Frequency Capping section (Edit Campaign → Cappings and exclusions).
- Add a rule to the block called Rules when not to send campaigns.
- From the "If" dropdown choose the campaign you are referring the exception to. All recipients within this campaign will not get a message from the one you are currently setting up.
- Then define the time interval as a time phrase:
- "between" is the point in time (backwards from now) since when users could get that past message while being in the journey
- "and" is the time till when they could receive it.
- For real time campaigns, the end time point would often be "now".
- Click on Apply to save the capping.
- You can exclude as many past campaign as you like.