Goals in campaigns correspond to conversion milestones and reflect how successful your campaign is. Setting up a goal is optional, however it helps to keep track of campaign performance. The number of times the campaign goal is achieved is recorded in Campaign performance block in Campaign Overview - this metric is called Conversions.
In order to create a goal, please follow these steps:
- Click on Create new goal in Campaign Setup tab.
- Choose a preferred name for the campaign goal
- Choose an event which has to occur in order for a user to reach the goal. This would be your conversion milestone. In most cases, the ultimate goal is an order completion (Event name: Completed Order), however your use case may require user to either see a specific product / page (Event name: Viewed Product / Viewed Page), subscribe to newsletter or similar.
- Event Properties: Add a property to the event in case you want to set up a more precise goal. You can include product properties and quantities from the cart as well as specify conversion pages or used devices.
- Count: Select whether you want to count all conversions or only unique ones. Counting all makes more sense for order completion, however when it comes to viewing pages, counting each page view will add up to the conversions count.
- Value: If there is a specific monetary value associated with a goal, you can select it by choosing the option each time it happens the conversion action has the same value from Value and enter a specific amount and currency.
- Conversion Window: Adjust this one if needed. The length of 30 days is selected as a default value which means that the conversion is relevant one month after starting the user journey.
- Status: Leave "Live" as goal status, otherwise it will marked as inactive.