Facebook Access Token is valid only for 2 months and should be replaced with a new one once it expires or is about to expire.
In order to do this, please follow these steps:
- Log into your Facebook account.
- Go to Tools & Support section on Facebook Developers website (https://developers.facebook.com/tools-and-support/) and select Graph API Explorer from the list.
- Make sure you are viewing the page from the correct business account (you can check that in the upper right corner).
- Click on Get Token dropdown button and select Get User Access Token. This will generate a new token with validity of 24 hours. Please copy it.
- In order to extend the token validity to 2 months, go to Access Token Debugger on Facebook Developers website: https://developers.facebook.com/tools/debug/accesstoken
- Paste the token you would like to extend and click on Debug button next to the the field with the token value.
- You will see Access Token Info table with properties of the current token including permissions and expiration date. Once you click on Extend Token button under the table, your token gets extended to 2 months and this would be reflected in the updated Access Token Info table.
- Copy the extended token. Please make sure you selected the code completely (the token is usually longer than the screen width so in most cases you would need to scroll the block with token horizontally).
- Enter your CrossEngage account.
- Go to Settings → Channels → Social. Paste your newly created token into the field Facebook Access Token in the block with Facebook account configuration.
- Click on Apply to save the changes.